26 April 2010

Just because...

Once I had the rarest rose
That ever deigned to bloom
Cruel winter chilled the bud
And stole my flower too soon
Oh loneliness!
Oh hopelessness!
To search the ends of time
For there is in all the world
No greater love than mine

Still falls the rain...
Still falls the night...
Be mine forever

Let me be the only one
To keep you from the cold
Now the floor of heaven is laid
The stars are bright as gold
They shine for you, they shine for you!
They burn for all to see
Come into these arms again
And set this spirit free


Love Song for a Vampire - Annie Lenox

6 comments:

ku2 said...

Used to love this song, though I never dared to listen to it, let alone see the video after dark. Bram Stoker's dracula was mysteriously sexy, Anne Rice's vampires were bad-boy sexy. Underworld vampires were bad-ass sexy..The modern vampire (read Rob Patt) has bling2 skin and rosy red lips and...oh, I so don't like new-age vampires.

Jerusha said...

Yeah like someone said , vampires should't walk around flashing like a disco ball :-)

What this song does to me is break my heart and crush my soul and make it bleed. It is sooo beautiful I don't want to listen to it not because of the pain it cause me, not the fear it brings me :)

Lucy In The Sky said...

What a beautiful, beautiful song! One of my favs.

Annie Lennox...ang hi chu an piang leh tawh lovang tiraw?

Jerusha said...

Luce - an la piang lo zel rih chu anih hi :( Tunlai hla hit ho chu 'hit me baby one more time' tih vel ania...angaihna a awm lo!

Mizohican said...

Vampires suck. :P

You should listen to goth and death metal vampire songs and chants. Have a huge collection. Way way deep than this. :)

We are the many-born. We are the Immortal.
Eternal we wander the aeons, Moving to the rhythm of our own inner tides.
We are active elements moving through passive worlds.


I've been fascinated by this cult since time immemorial, and I still am. There is something so dark, deep, mystical and attractive about this whole thing... :)

Sekibuhchhuak said...

Nice!!