06 April 2009

Bozo & Lucky - Best friends come rain or shine

Bozo got pretty big, and also became more and more difficult to leave alone. He barked and howled and yelped everytime we left him alone, which was often. The neighbours complained, the landlord complained, and more than anything I felt bad for him because he wouldn't be so difficult if he was happy. I finally took him to my friend, Lucky's owner and dumped him there. I was initially afraid that Lucky with his bear like paws and claws and fangs would pounce on puny Bozo and kill him - intentionally or acidentally. But they have become the best of friends, and Bozo even bosses Lucky around. They are together all the time, and I'm glad for Bozo, and also glad for Lucky (who was left alone even more often than Bozo was). They are really happy together, and this makes me happy because I love them both. Cute vid of them and us killing the summer heat with our water guns.

Is it a bit weird that when Bozo runs off to play with Lucky leaving me alone, I feel a teeny bit jealous? It's a very embarrassing thing to admit, but god help me, I am jealous of an oversized dog!

2 comments:

Moia said...

u look cute in all ya shorts and slippers and all...im sure u coulda ridden on the back of bozo...

Jerusha said...

moia - thanks :) And the big guy is Lucky..when I said bozo became big, I only meant big as compared to what he was before, a tiny orphaned street dog. Lucky on the other hand is like royalty, the breeder that they got him from was a really good one, and he had been breeding Lucky's families for ages. I think Lucky can actually trace his lineage further back than I can :)