01 July 2008

Always a bridesmaid....

For those of you who wondered where I disappeared to the past few days, or even if no one wondered, I'll tell you anyway - this is where, on this chapel in Bangalore, playing bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. Prettily decorated chapel isn't it?
They tried to do the pretty thing with the 3 bridesmaids as well, with not a lot of success, at least with me. They put so much makeup on me I didn't even feel like I was me, layers of foundations and whatnot, complete with fake lashes. I'm not used to wearing a lot of makeup, and my blinking was out of sync :P So I removed them all, and could finally manage a smile.
It was a really fun wedding, but if I look bored in some pictures, it's only because I'm irrationally sad these days.
Irrationally because I don't know what makes me unhappy, everything's going great and I know I have nothing to be depressed about, but nonetheless, I have frequent bouts of sadness. Fleeting ones, they come and go, but no matter how short they are, sometimes it's so intense I feel like I'm going mad. Hormones I guess.

Other updates:
1. I've been thinking a lot - about God, about life, and I'm filled with more doubts and questions each day. I just can't understand how a God who is so full of love can create something like Hell to punish his own creation, when even a vile sinner such as I would never do a thing like that to my worst enemy.

2. I had lunch with the cutest guy in the world the other day. *sigh* I get a high every day when I run into him and he smiles at me and he says 'Hi' and he makes small talk. It makes me so happy I positively glow. I enjoy this tremendously because it feels like younger days and innocence.

3. Someone left a soft toy and tons of Hershey's kisses on my desk today. I thought it heralded the dawn of a new admirer but it was only Pete finally back from Australia.

4. When I get married, I want to have a dress like that Vivienne Westwood one that Sarah Jessica Parker wore in Sex and the City movie.

5. Are you all as sane as you appear to be?

12 comments:

Sekibuhchhuak said...

In nalh hlawm hle mai."semi-final" thleng ta maw..'final' pawhthleng thuai tur ah ngai ila :-DD

Other updates:No.1 - khi keipawh ka inzawt fo thin.youtube -ah hian Ravis Zacharais a thusawi hi ka ngaithla thin a,hetiang lam pangah hi chuan a sawifiah thiamkhawp in ka hria.Hun i neih chuan lo ngaithla ve chhin teh :-)

Jerusha said...

seki - semi final ka vawi 2 thlenna ani toh, semi final ah hian ka la in ham buai tawk viau ani :P

And thanks for the youtube tip, ka in connection hi video en nan a slow ltk a, naktuk ah office ah ka lo en ang e, ka en chak zawng tak ani.

luliana said...

OMG..khawilam angel hawlh thlak nge? :)..Mizo nen chuan an tih dan a in ang lo deuh a ni mo, mo thian leh moneitu thian in tam em mai..

Jerusha said...

lulian - chhe lo hlawm suau suau tiro? :D Nia Mizo inneih pangai nen chuan a dang deuh, a thiante 3 ve ve kan awm a, Catholic ani bawk a, ka tan chuan a dang khawp mai.

Everyman said...

There's this book called the Gospel according to Christ..Quite an interesting perspective on God there :-) u shd read it..might answer some of your questions...

Almostunreal said...

in chhe lo hlom ltk..zuali chu poh lang tha khop mai..ron kal ka tum teh reng nen..mahsee ka tlin ta lo a ni e

tun lai chu kei poh pressure tam ltk a, hmun tin reng atang hian, ka hah thin khop mai..soi thiam si loh hian

DayDreamBeliever said...

hey girl...you look awesome! theres' something about being a woman and wearing a gown, na? My friend got married the other day, and she asked me to be the bridesmaid, but I coudn't make it. anyway, I think that was wise of me (and her) to go for somebody else, because klutz that I am, I prob'ly would've ended up tripping over the hem and squashing the cake in classic slapstick style! I did try on the dress, though... silk, very elegant... beautiful!!!

Zara Ralte said...

a.. a awm ve tho e..final round te poh a hla toh lo turah kan lo beisei ve top ani a:)

Naupang^Fel said...

Faith Hill ho leh Dixie Chicks-i te min ti hre chuak :)

sawmpuia said...

voi 2 semi-final penalty hihi

Lucy In The Sky said...

5. Are you all as sane as you appear to be?

Sometimes I have doubts :D

Pasal hi ka hmu zo ve ngat anih chuan kawr simple deuh, knee-length lek hak ka tum hehe

Jerusha said...

lucy - me too about my own sanity! More frequently these days...wouldn't it be lovely if we were all insane, that would mean the few sane ones are the insane ones...whatever that means. As for the wedding dress, I would like the Vivienne Westwood one, or if I can't have that, I'll be with you and go for a really simple one :)