11 August 2007

Solutions anyone?

Jason's email forward today was very touching. I'm guessing most of you must've already received the same forward, maybe a couple of times over. You know how forwards are. But anyway, for everybody's reference, the message at the end of the forward was this :

"Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company that we are working for would easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our own family an unwise investment indeed, don't you think?"

I am aware. Again, I think most of us are. But what the hell is the solution?
You can't work and do a half-assed job, you can't not work, yes, we need money. Also, lame-assed work = loser. And nobody wants to be a loser.

I'm thinking binary fission. Divide thyself and let one of you pour thyself into thine work, one into thine family, one into thine romantic interest, one into thine society, one into thine church, and so on and so forth.

What irritates me is hearing words of wisdom that are indeed oh-so-wise to hear but has no logical solutions to them. Somebody pops up and says "Hey, do you realise when you're short and tiny, it's that much more difficult to reach cabinets and cupboards and you have to stretch a lot and you may even be putting yourself in risk of hazardous back pains from all that stretching? (Underlying message would be 'Don't be short, be tall')." It's worse than the Confucius-y 'Think yourself out of your height' thing...


10 comments:

mnowluck said...

eye hef no sawleuson

A touching forwd.. and
a a touching writer elaborationg what that last line was :D

Jason said...

i'm glad i did not hand deliver the message - I dont even have a strong helmet to save my head ..

amna said...

hmm.. thats was quite a good line.. but like you said, no solutions.. and let me quote one of my fave lines "life's like that"

Jerusha said...

mnow - sawliusawn hi ni, sawliusawn mawlh mai hi. I hriat chhuah theih cuan min ron hre ve reng don nia :)

Jerusha said...

jason - I wish you'd hand delivered it though :P

nags - yep, such is life and all that *sigh*

claytonia vices said...

I think the problem here is in you trying to find a solution! Lol!

There is no solution, just a balance that can be achieved... a dynamic equilibrium where you keep running to just stay in one place... isn't it?

Actually, my colleague and I were discussing that. We can clone ourselves as soon as we are born. Send one clone to sit in the cubicle all day while you enjoy :).
But then the clones might one day revolt and you have another problem!

By the way, having legs long enough to reach the ground is enough! ;-)

Jerusha said...

Clay, am not really trying to find a solution, cos I don't think there is. I just don't like ppl reminding me of these solution-less lessons :P

My feet reach the floor! Does that mean I'm sufficiently tall?? Wow! :)

apatea said...

What irritates me is hearing words of wisdom that are indeed oh-so-wise to hear but has no logical solutions to them.

I'm totally with u on this. Why do people want to get credit for wise-crap-advise, when its not even asked for. There's a time and place for everything. Try telling a hungry man that the fruits of life are sowed through prayer. SHessh!!! At least im not gonna fall for that when im desperately looking for food!!!

All Is Whole said...

I liked that binary fission anology but always beware........Fission always cause havoc......Its their property.....

Smiles :)

Jerusha said...

Prashant - yep, am not all that fond of fissions either. But I'm willing to make peace with a feared entity for this particular cause. And thanks for dropping by!