01 August 2006

High Mountain Girls Can Climb


I like this picture. That's me and Mr. Wright. Mary shot it, she lives with me and therefore spends a lot of time with me. Some of my skills must have rubbed off on her! :-)


My favorite place in all of Hyderabad - KBR park. We went for a little trek up the hill behind our apartment last weekend. And if I walk really fast and leave everyone behind like this, it'd feel like I'm the only one there, not a soul in sight, just me and the forest. There's a coybowish-feeling to that and I love it.
While up there, I got to do the one thing I'd always wanted to do from the moment I first stepped foot in Hyderabad - climb one of the odd stacks of boulders. We found one on top of the hill, secluded enough to make sure there would be no one watching in case it gets a little tricky and we make a fool of ourselves.

Mary had some trouble climbing...





Not me! I'm a high mountain girl. And high mountain girls can climb!
We eventually had to kick our shoes off and get down and dirty and manly to get to the top.
We did start off doing some lady-like stuffs like posing with flowers etc :-)



And she LOVES the camera!















Have you ever tried protographing a wild peacock? Not an easy task! Those creatures are so shy everytime I moved closer, they'd run and hide. I had to scramble around the bushes like my hunter ancestors to get this shot. And what made it difficult was that everytime I stepped into the bushes to get closer, Mary would scream 'Watch out for snake houses(?)!'
Butterflies are not shy! They're just restless..like me. They can't perch still for a minute and therefore were as difficult to shoot as the peacocks.
This one reminds me of Hank Williams - I wouldn't be surprised if it starts singing 'I'm so lonesome I could cry' in bird language. It looked so lonely.
I didn't take anything fxcept photooraphs :-)

I liked this lizard, it gamely posed for me unlike the ever-moving butterflies and bashful peacocks.

The view from the top boulder. That's Banjara Hills, I live somewhere around there.
It was marvelous up there. With the birds and the trees and the wind on my face. I felt so free I wanted to stay there forever. I forgot I had 21 essays to write waiting for me and that I hadn't even jotted down a dot. I forgot I was supposed to miss someone. I forgot I had laundry to do...

I'm going to leave you with this frozen smile plastered forever on my face because I don't think I'll be doing much smiling for the next few days. And even if I do smile, they'll only be fleeting ones. Good times - when holding a dumb feather and taking a picture with it can make you laugh! For the next few weeks, it's going to take a lot more than a feather to tickle me.

12 comments:

Pavan Tyagi (पवन त्यागी) said...

I'm feeeling like coming out of this cramped aetna bay on watching all this.....
Keep chilling!

MockingBird said...

Hats off to you for beautifully capturing wildlife on camera; it must have taken a lot of patience on your part. Forget butterflies and peacocks, I have a tough time getting a few candid shots of my pets. And hats off to your friend too for capturing the wild Sundancer. Must have been tough for her to keep up with the high mountain girl ;)

Jerusha said...

Pav - too much Aetna can kill you. Come out already!
Bird - Thanks! I'll let you in on a secret, not really all that difficult to catch up with me, think of a sloth, I resemble one!
I only amble along.

Anonymous said...

very nice picturs on your blog!

Almostunreal said...

Lunglen thlak hlom tops

virgochhas said...

WOW!.... beautiful gurl and beautiful photographs...

is dat a plane?...on the first picture??....love dat pic....

am actually interested in da part wen u kick ur shoes off and get down and dirty .... bleh! :P :D

love these pictures....get em coming...

Jerusha said...

Bart , thanks! Nice of you to drop by.
Unreal - tunlai chu nang pawh hi lunglen I pe na tlat, nge chhan?
Virg - yeah that's a plane? Wanna see a pic of me with my shoes off gettin down and dirty?? hehe

Mizohican said...

Hyderabad a va ngaih awm ve ooooo.... ka kal tawh a sin le tah khian..... ui ui ui ui...... sniff sniff sniff....

Jerusha said...

Illuisionaire, lo in sawn leh tawh mai rawh!

Diddley said...

Oh my gawd! coincidence or not, the nice thing about being bored and having no work is that it gives ya a chance to surf around people`s blog and suddenly take ya by surprise.

I was trying to cal one of my old jr`s the other day and i ended up talking to a very sexy voice, two days back, i think, my aunty`s frenz daughter and she had the same name as ya do, i swear ;B

Jerusha said...

Heya, Didley, that was you???? Wow, small world! And thanks for dropping in! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow awesome blog.
i loved it
i work in a software company in hyd.

sridhar here-9866099461